Monday, March 19, 2012

Heart Like Mine

Love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbTICNAwxM&ob=av2e

Miranda Lambert's "Heart Like Mine"is one of my favorite songs.  I love her take on her relationship with Jesus--it is so honest.

It may be weird that I am writing a post about religion.  I have definitely gotten away from it since college, but lately I have found myself praying more.  I have finally realized that a lot of things in my life are beyond my control, despite my best effort to control them. Maybe my job is the catalyst; it is hard to not count my blessings when I am constantly reminded how blessed I am. Maybe it is maturity.  Who knows.

Learning to let go of the things I cant change or control has been a huge challenge for me. I have a hard time letting them go, because it feels like I am giving up or making myself vulnerable to the unknown. Usually, when I am praying, I find myself saying the Serenity Prayer, which is just how I have been feeling lately. I want to trust God with my life, but to be honest, I am scared to turn over the control.  One step at a time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment