Tuesday, July 10, 2012

That is my biggest Pet Peeve!

How many times have you said this?? I say it all the time. Even Cosmo magazine has a section called "Bitch It Out" where people can send in pics or stories of pet peeve violations. I have two main pet peeves:

1. When people dont replace the empty toilet paper roll.
2. When cars are parked on the curb with space between them that could almost fit another car, but not quite.

The latter happened today when I was pulling up to my apartment.  Three cars, perfectly spaced between the non-red curb so only a smart car could possibly fit without incurring major damage. Even though there was space in my apartment lot I found myself thinking, "OMG that is sooo annoying." Wait a hot second.  I didnt even want to park there, so why did I care?

So I started thinking about pet peeves.  I am assuming everyone has one or two things that just drive them crazy. But, should we react to them?  Do pet peeves hurt anyone but ourselves? No, they dont.  I can just about guarantee that the owners of said cars dont give a shit that there is 6 feet between their car and the other and definitely dont give a shit that it annoys me. So in the end, I am the only one affected.

I think it is more of the principle behind these actions. Another popular pet peeve: chewing with your mouth open.  We think it is rude--I mean no one wants to see your half chewed food. But, it is the open-mouth chewer who should be concerned with his or her poor manners.

So, my half year resolution (a tad late) is to try not to let it bother me (as much...hey, baby steps). Because, in the end, I am the only one that gets frustrated...and it is just not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment