Monday, April 29, 2013

Glory, Glory

http://uga.tumblr.com/post/1345718397/i-go-to-athens-because-it-reminds-me-of-why-we-are

This has been going around Facebook today.  I finally got a chance to read it when I got home, and man, was it worth the wait.

I haven't been back to Athens, GA in a long time. This picture was taken when I went back for my sister's graduation in August 2012.  I was hit with so many memories and nostalgia that it was almost overwhelming.  I have some amazing memories of this place.  I also have some not-so-amazing memories. But, overall, it is a place that is dear to my heart.

Any of us who have spent time in Athens know what a magical place it is.  As much as I love Colorado State University and Fort Collins...it just isnt the same. I have been so fortunate to have found a little piece of UGA out here in Colorado.  My UGA Alumni group means so much to me--these guys just remind me of home. Being Dawgs and Georgians, we have something in common that cant be explained. It is comforting knowing they "get" me, and amazing knowing that I have a group to share my enthusiasm with. Being a part of the Northern Colorado Dawgs has been so wonderful for me in so many ways.  I am so grateful for this group; when I am really missing Georgia, I feel better knowing that my group is here and that they "get" it, too.

I miss gamedays in Athens, but, I know I have the next best thing with my NoCo Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment