Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Resolutions

I am taking a break from the "things to know at 25" to give my thoughts on New Years Resolutions. I, like many people, make these resolutions.  I get wrapped up in the "new year, new you!" mentality, and most of mine center around things I WON'T do: 


"I won't drink anymore Diet Coke."


Or, things I HAVE TO do:


"I have to work out at least 4 times a week, for an hour each."


But I was thinking, and these things generally set me up for failure.  Not because they are particularly lofty goals, but because, hell, I LIKE Diet Coke. And, between school and therapy, I don't always have the time to go to the gym or go for a run. So I have decided to make 2012 all about me and becoming who I want to be.  I haven't made a mile-long list of things I am going to do; there aren't things I HAVE to do or SHOULD do or CANT do.  Just some things I can try to do to ensure that I am my best self. 


Saw this on FB and really like it: 


"Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace a test or flunk a class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourself. Breathe. And enjoy the ride..."


THIS is what I am doing for 2012.

1 comment: