Tuesday, January 24, 2012

State of the Union

So, yes, we all know the State of the Union was on tonight, and it seems like a lot of people watched it and have opinions on the state of our union, as luckily, we are all allowed to express. Facebook statuses and twitter updates are going like crazy.

I will admit that I am not someone who follows politics very closely.  There are many social issues that I feel strongly about (I am strongly pro-choice and strongly believe in marriage equality), but I am not very knowledgeable about the financial aspects of politics.

That being said, I see these statuses and updates a little bit like I see Monday morning quarterbacking. It is SO easy for us to make suggestions or inferences or criticisms about the policies, bills, suggested changes, whatever that have been mentioned, but let's be real--we don't know what is really going on.  I, and I am sure many others, could never be paid enough to be president. NO THANK YOU. Who the HELL would ever want to take on the struggles of our country? Well, only 44 people have taken on this esteemed position. I think, above all, we should recognize the tough job our president has and respect him (or, someday, her) regardless of our personal political affiliations and keep our criticism to a minimum.  After all, most of us are not in politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment