Friday, April 6, 2012

Realizations

Most of yall know that I have been doing bootcamp (45 minutes of cardio, strength, and resistance torture..I mean...training) 3-4 days a week for the past three months.  Recently, on days off, I have been running or walking and mixing in a few random forms of exercise here and there: sand volleyball, capture the flag, and football. I have really upped my working out, but unfortunately havent seen the results I expected or hoped to see at this point.

I guess I need to define "results." I do not want to, and will not ever, be a super skinny girl. I am 100% ok with this.  Fortunately or unfortunately, this butt is probably not going anywhere.  I do not want to look like a 12-year old boy or a rail-thin celeb, which is good, because it's just not in the cards for me. The result I do want is to be healthy, toned, and comfortable in my body.  I also want to be able to wear anything I want and feel good in it.

Though I have been struggling with this for a long time, (think undergrad) I think I am finally realizing that this is going to be a lifelong journey (which scares the hell out of me).  I am not going to be the kind of girl who can eat whatever I want and get away with minimal exercise.  I am going to have to make a lifestyle change and commitment to being healthy, and as I am beginning to see, it isnt going to be an easy, quick fix. It also isn't going to be perfect all the time.  I am going to have days where I dont want to work out, or want to eat a whole pizza, and I will have to learn to be ok with that.

Thank you to all who have listened to me bitch about this and have given me tips on healthier eating, motivation, and exercise. On that note, I am off for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment