Thursday, October 13, 2011

Grad School Humor

My statistics midterm was turned in today at 12:30 on the dot. After spending several hours (~15+) on this, my brain is too full to function.  But, alas, Stats class started at 12:31 on the dot. My professor, who is German, tends to make at least 1 or 2 sexual references per class--and yes, I have kept a tally.  Today, though, got a little out of hand.  In learning about Factor Loading (and dont worry, I dont know what it means anyway) we use a sort of rotation to determine the amount of factor loading. So, in regards to this (and to help us understand...??) my professor offhandedly told us that "when we are statistical experts, our pick up line is 'baby, you can rotate my factors anytime'." 1 point. And, in response, a friend asks if that is how he met his wife....our department head. 2 points.  Awkward. So, he told us no, they knew each other before they were statistical experts.  So, in response to THAT, another friend mentions that it was simply "statistical foreplay" before they were experts, which is a phrase he likes to say quite a bit in regards to Exploratory Data Analysis (which, I hardly know the definition....or the purpose). 3 points. Double awkward.  Cue awkward laugh all around.

Grad School Humor

No comments:

Post a Comment